October 2016 Meebox*: Sugar Skull Realness

So another month, another Meebox to show you guys! Since this month is all about Halloween, the contents of the box all help create the most perfect Sugar Skull/Dia de los Muertos manicure.


This month's really spoiled us. It came with three polish shades (White Swan by Annika Nail Colour from The Edge (RRP £4.20), Taking a Dip from 'Ard as Nails (RRP £3.50), and Miley What's Good from Deco Miami (RRP $12.50/£11), Wah London Nail Art Pen in Black (RRP £7.00), Flower Fimo Pieces from Charlie's Nail Art (RRP £1) and NBS-2 Nail Art Brush from Sparkly Nails (RRP £1.99))





One of my most recent posts reviewed Annika Nail Colour polishes so it was good to see a familiar brand but the rest, I have not tried before. The white polish from The Edge took a while to become opaque. I used three thin coats and although there was still a bit of patchiness, I knew my design on top would cover this. Because of that, I'd say White Swan is a good base for nail art but maybe not for a fast, colour block manicure.

The 'Ard as Nails shade has a lovely shimmer to it and I want to see it on as a block colour. It has a thinner formula so it wasn't the best for nail art but it is a buildable polish and a bit different from anything I have.

I've never come across Deco Miami Nail Lacquer before but HOW CUTE IS THIS BOTTLE!???!! It's only 5ml but the packaging is to die for. It reminds me of Flossgloss but the name and shade had me at hello. I don't usually sport just pink nails but for this shade, I might make an exception.


For the nail art, I just went a bit freestyle on all of my fingers bar the middle one. I probably should have planned it out a little better but in the end, I kind of dig the totally random nature of it all. It was my first time using the Wah Nail Art Pen in quite a while and it was fantastic to have that little bit more flexibility when creating shapes and design.

I used the Sparkly Nails nail art brush for the blue and pink details. I'm all about the detail brush and although it did the job well although I would have loved if it was just a bit thinner.

I added the Fimo Flowers on with some top coat to secure them. For visual effect, they definitely create an impact but in terms of practicality, you're going to lose them from your nail if they arent encapsulated or glued down with strong nail glue. You better get that 'gram though first LOL

As always, the Meebox is full of gorgeous surprises and I can't wait to see what everyone else has created with its contents. Thanks to the gals from Meebox for sending this my way and letting me get my Halloween on even sooner. Check out Meebox's website for next month's offering!

What are you sporting this Halloween weekend? Let me know what you think below and be sure to like, subscribe and follow Flails and Nails EVERYWHERE. Until next time :)

Comments

  1. Gorgeous review and stunning nail art. I can't wait to get tucked into my box now.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky, its definitely one of the best Meeboxes so far!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!