Autumnal Brights feat. Collection 2-Step Solar Shine Gel Polishes*

I've got a simple nail art look to share with you guys today. We are at the beginning of October which means the leaves are falling, pumpkin spice lattes are back and its all about those deep, warm shades for autumn nails. I have been sitting on a few polishes by Collection from their Solar Shine gel polish range for a while and since they were quite summery shades, I wanted to challenge myself by creating an autumnal look with mostly bright shades. I was lucky to have the lovely shade Oyster Pearl as a base to give the nail art a chic and seasonally appropriate base.


By using the red-toned coral shade Carribean Crush as a base for my ditsy floral border, it helps tone down the brightness of the peach coral Just Beachy and the pink Sunset Pink. To create the nail art, I used a striper brush and just applied the red shade randomly across the nail in some sort of floral arrangement. I then layered the pink and peach-coral shades with less intensity to peep through the red.

Since the red is quite dominant, I think the nail art is quite transitional. An ideal look for those not ready to ditch the summer brights just yet in favour of berries, mustards and greys.


I can report back on the longevity of the polish as well! As some of you might know, I recently went to Disneyland Paris and I slapped a few coats of Oyster Pearl on my nails before leaving. I wanted something simple and classic since I was rushing around the day before like a headless chicken. I had it on my nails for the entire trip (four days) and a few days after. All in all, I had the polish on for 5 or 6 days and apart from some tip wear, the polish held up well. I'd say its more similar to the Barry M Gellies than the Sunset Curing polishes or Models Own Hypergels. It's not as thick as the latter polishes but it does give you good coverage. At a price point of £3.99, it's a competitor for high street gel effect polishes. But remember, you need the matching top coat to get the full effect of the polish.

The Collection 2-Step Solar Shine Gel Polishes are available from both Superdrug and Boots and are priced at £3.99 each.

Are you in full autumnal mood yet? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to like, subscribe and follow me EVERYWHERE. Until next time!

Comments

  1. I'm such a fan of these polishes and this nail art is stunning. Oyster Pearl is a stunning colour & really suits you!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!