The Little Mermaid Nail Art + Tutorial

For anyone who follows me on Twitter or Instagram, you'd know that I'm heading to Disneyland Paris in a few weeks *SO EXCITED* I thought I'd get in the mood (not that I need any excuse) by doing some Disney inspired nail art with tutorials for anyone else who is also heading to the happiest place on Earth.

My first Disney manicure is of Ariel, the Little Mermaid. I thought the summery colour scheme would be fitting with the last few weeks of Summer (not that we've had much here). I actually did a version of these nails on my friend Emma who I went with to Disneyland last year. The look is relatively simple and takes about an hour. Follow me for a .gif and step-by-step tutorial!


Colours you'll need: A turquoise, purple, lilac, orange-red, nude, black, white and a holographic top-coat (Models Own Turquoise Gloss, Lilac Flush, Lilac Sheen, Naked Glow, Watermelon, Barry M Coconut, Black and American Apparel Holographic Topcoat)

1. Paint your thumb and little finger turquoise and your other three nails a nude shade.
2. Paint a holographic topcoat over the turquoise nails
3. Using a dotter tool and detail brush, create little eyes on your middle finger
4. With a striper brush, outline and fill Ariel's red hair. Add highlight details and a little purple starfish.
5. On your index and ring finger, outline and fill the top of Ariel's shell bikini in opposite directions.
6. Add black outlines to Ariel's hair and the shell top. Add highlights and low lights as well, what ever you fancy.
7. Add a top coat to seal and enjoy!


And it's as easy as that! Let me know if you'd like to see more Disney tutorials over the next few weeks. Who's your favourite Disney character?

Comments

  1. Love these nails Rebecca and I'm super jealous of your trip to Disney Land, I love it there.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Vicky! I'm super excited, I've been counting down for months 😄

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!