Disneyland Paris Castle Nails + Poundland Makeup Gallery Nail Polish* Review

Continuing with the theme of Disney nails every week until I'm away, I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and create some nail art using some polishes from Poundland's Makeup Gallery range that I need to review.

The colour palette of the polishes I chose seemed to match up with the colour scheme of Sleeping Beauty's castle which is in the Disneyland Paris park. All polishes used in this nail art are from the Makeup Gallery range, except for the gold and metallic blue.




From Poundland's Makeup Gallery range I used Bambino Blue, Pink Soda as well as their black and white polishes. I wanted to see how the polishes coped with being both a base for nail art as well as detailing.

The nail art itself was a bit of a faff to be honest. It didn't take as long as I thought it would but it was one of those manicures which didn't really come together until the very last outline was added. I used a general reference photo of the Disneyland Paris castle and I picked out parts of the castle that drew my attention. When I was looking at the photo, I didn't realise how many turrets had gold detailing or were gold all together. When I go in a few weeks I'll definitely be looking at it for a lot longer to see all the extra details.


Since the polishes are only a pound each, you can't really go in with too high of an expectation. First of all, there is a good colour selection to choose from. Although not all colours were stocked in my local shop, I was still able to choose a good variety of shades to try out (you'll be seeing them soon). The first polish from the range I used was Bambino Blue. A pale baby blue, Bambino Blue took three coats to get some kind of opacity. The polish got a little bit tacky if you worked with it too long so be quick with it.

I used Pink Soda for the outline and fill of the castle. Again, another thin but tacky polish. I thinned it down with some nail polish remover so it was more workable. The white is not as pigmented as other whites in my collection so it'll probably not be one I'll reach for for detailing but some acetone makes it workable. I was pleasantly surprised by the black from Makeup Gallery. It was pigmented and worked quite well for outlining the castle and adding shadows.


All together the polishes were alright to work with. For what they are, they are pretty good. At only £1 you can't really complain. Pastel shades are probably not the best colours to showcase a range's potential so I'll reserve all judgement until I have tried out some more deep shades. As you can see though, I got the nail art completed so it's doing something right!

Have you tried any of Poundland's Makeup Gallery range? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to like, subscribe and follow on all social media. Until next time :)

Comments