Pokémon Go Nail Art

Everyone and their Aunt by now must be aware of the newest phenomenon to sweep the entire planet, Pokémon! No you haven't entered a time warp and emerged in 1998. There is a new app being rolled out in different territories across the world that allows you to capture Pokémon and battle (like the games) in real like using augmented reality. DO YOU REALISE HOW BIG OF A DEAL THIS IS?!? For someone who was OBSESSED with Pokémon back in the day (Pokémon Blue 'til I die!), this app is a dream come true. Unfortunately, the UK and Ireland have not been included in any of the territorial releases yet (although there are workarounds) so I haven't gotten to sample to app yet. I'm incredibly jealous of all the Facebook updates and Buzzfeed articles that keep rubbing in the fact that I'm not encountering any Zubats on my way to university. What I can do is do some Pokémon nail art featuring two of my favourite characters while I anxiously await the official release of the app here.


I do love creating nail art based on animated characters because they're so much more straightforward to recreate. What I did find difficult was my handling of my brushes when I began to outline. I really need to invest in some better quality brushes or maybe just take better care of mine because they tend to curl at the ends. In some looks, the haphazard style lends them a kind of charm but for something like this, I wish the outlines and small details were a touch cleaner.

I chose to recreate Jigglypuff and Snorlax in my manicure because they are genuinely two of my favourite Pokémon of all time. Jigglypuff was hilarious throughout the series' and Snorlax is the Pokémon embodiment of myself. I remember playing the game and secretly revelling in the fact a Snorlax blocked my way because I loved going on the little missions like finding the magic flute (no that is NOT a euphamism). Also, I'm a strong proponent of the original 151 Pokémon (Johto is exceptable I guess) and these two just epitomise this era of Pokémon for me (apart from the obvious, Pikachu and Mew Two).

I hope you've enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. For my younger readers this might not seem like such a big deal but for anyone in their 20s and 30s who got windswept into this craze, let's all rejoice together in the awesomeness of this app.

Be sure to like, subscribe and follow on the social media sites at the side, until next time :D

Comments

  1. Such a gorgeous mani & I love the cute Pokemon character nails. I'm not bothered about the game but used to love the show. My fave was always Togepi.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Togepi is such a cutie! Thanks for the comment Vicky 😄

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!