Cactus Print Nail Art

Cactus prints are EVERYWHERE right now. I think I'll just come out and say it. Cacti are the new flamingo! For summers to come I think the tropical bird will have to compete with the exotic plant for dominance on shirts, shorts, phone cases and home decor. Maybe through in the odd pineapple curve ball. Anyway, I thought I'd put together a quick nail look to celebrate this cute new trend so let's do this!


For this mani, I used Barry M Cream Soda, Beachy Keen, Black and H&M Wildwood but any similar shades will do.



  1. Paint your nails your base shade. 
  2. Once dry, use a small brush and start drawing your cactus shapes with the green polish. Try to mix up the sizes and placement of the cactuses. The shape is pretty straight forward. Just draw a line and a curved arm on each side.
  3. Using a thinner brush and black polish, add shadows to half of the cactus for depth.
  4. Using the same brush and your base shade (if you've stuck with white/off-white), add highlights on the opposite side of the cactus.
  5. Using a dotter and your brown polish, add little pots to your cacti. It doesn't have to be need (unless you are being meticulous)
  6. Seal with top coat!

And you're done. I hope you've liked this little post/tutorial. I think it's suitably summery. Let me know if you have any other ideas for cute summer manis you'd like me to try.
Be sure to like, subscribe and follow the sites at the side. Until next time :-)

Comments

  1. Love the slightly cartoony appearance of these. They're cute and can see like pattern being marketable on everything.
    I've never loved the flamingo trend, have never done a flamingo mani and never will, but I love cacti!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're one of a handful who don't love flamingo! Glad you like the cacti though 😀

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!