Inspired by Chanel Couture SS16 feat. Wet n Wild Yo Soy

The couture shows always manage to spark a bit of creativity in me so over the past few days I've been perusing Vogue's website looking for a beautiful ensemble I could transform into a nail art look. I settled on this look modelled by Bella Hadid in the Chanel show. I love the texture of the dress and I thought it would be pretty cool to try and replicate them on my nails.


I tried to replicate the texture of the top layer of the dress with a small brush dipped in polish with the excess taken off. I just randomly dotted the varnish around the top layer and loaded up the brush (and swiftly took off the excess!) when needed.


I then used a small dotter to create the bottom layer, which is almost a textured rounded quilt. I wanted to keep the dots irregular enough that it looks a bit haphazard but with enough order to not look too messy. Lastly, I used the same brush from the first section to do the pom-pom column things. I wish I had gone in with a striper brush or a thinner one to create the correct texture but I like the colour combo anyway.

I used Wet n Wild's Yo Soy from their Wild Shine range. I picked it up in Penney's during my last trip down to Dublin. It's a lovely warm taupe shade that lends itself as being a good base for neutral and subtle nail art. It took three coats for an even coat to happen. It's a cheap polish so it didn't have opacity straight away so its not a polish for a manicure on the go but if you've got a bit of time to paint your nails for work the next day, then maybe this would be a good one for you. I topped the whole thing off with Seche Vite of course (I got to use my new bottle for the first time, absolute heaven!)

Have you been stalking the couture shows? What's you fave look? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to like, follow and subscribe on social media, until next time :-)

Comments