Winter Blue with Essie Find Me An Oasis

Over the past few days, I've seen people flashing their pastel polishes and asking 'Is it too soon to wear pastels?' and I'm like HELL NO!  I think as long as you get the tone right, you can get away with wearing pastels on your nails this time of year without looking like you're skipping ahead a season.  It's all about those cool tones and here's one of my new favourites, Essie's Find Me an Oasis.

 Essie Find Me An Oasis

Find Me An Oasis is described by Essie as a refreshing ice blue and that's exactly what it is.  In certain light, it is almost light enough to be a blue toned off white.  It's a recent purchase from TKMaxx so I got it for a bargain price and I'm so glad I did.  The above swatch is three coats plus a top coat.  It needed the three coats but it is a pastel shade so this is usually the norm for these sorts of shades.

This is a great shade for someone who wants to get into pastels this early in the game without looking like you've gotten on the spring train too early since it is such a cool toned shade.  Being a part of Essie's Resort Collection, it is of course a 'summer' shade and would look FAB with a tan but it still looks great on these pasty fingers with an accent of silver studs.

Of course, if you want to wear pastels, go for it, don't let anyone stop you but if you're looking for a transition shade that will see you from the snowy depths of January to the rain of March and April, then this is your shade.

Like, follow, and subscribe by the sites below and let me know what you think, until next time :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!