Rifle Paper Co. Calender Nails - Janurary - feat. Models Own Peacock Green and Top Turquoise

So at the start of the year, we all try and scramble to buy the calenders we ALWAYS forget to buy for ourselves.  Luckily, I got a cool GoT one for my room from Santa but I wanted one for my desk in uni as well and I came across this Rifle Paper Co. desk calender (I got it half price in Waterstones!) featuring gorgeous illustrations of famous female monarchs and of course, I was hit by a maelstrom of nailspiration!  This will of course be a monthly feature, let me know when you want to see them, be it the beginning, middle or end of the month, now, onto the nail art!

 Models Own Peacock Blue and Top Turquoise






Here's the illustration in question.  I love the colour scheme of the background illustrations, I was originally going to use a hunter green creme polish but I fell back in love with this shimmery, duochrome Peacock Green from Models Own that I knew would add extra dimension to the design, paired with Top Turquoise from Models Own again and it was a match made in heaven!

I used my usual detailing brush for the drawings.  The details in the calender are lovingly hand drawn and so you don't have to be too exact in your execution for this design, which I think is a bonus for us all LOL

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and are looking forward to seeing one each month and like I said, let me know when you'd like to see these posts in future.  

Follow me by the sites below to be kept up to date with all things Flails and Nails, until next time :-)

Comments