Orla Kiely Nail Art feat. The Body Shop Hemp Over Heels

This post is a long time coming.  As soon as I heard about The Body Shop's foray into nail polishes, I knew I really wanted to try them out because I'm a huge fan of their skincare.  I went for the shade Hemp Over Heels because it was a shade of green I don't have in my collection (and that's saying something, I have A LOT of green polishes) but there are a good few other shades that I have my eye on for sure.  Now, onto the nail art!


I thought the colour was quite 70s (like Avocado bathroom set LOL) so I wanted to go for a retro design and fell in love with this Orla Kiely design, and the colour scheme worked out well.  I used Hemp over Heels as my base, Barry M Coconut for the flowers and stripes, Models Own Colour Chrome Gold and Inglot Red Nail Art Pen for the centre.

Now what did I think of the polish?  The application of the polish went very smoothly.  I used two coats for full opacity and it dried quite quickly but of course I used my trusted Seche Vite to speed up the process.  I saw on the website that there is fair trade Marula Oil in the polishes and I think this will help nourish the nails, as well as help with a creamy formulation and that's always nice.

Check out the rest of the Body Shop polishes here, they've 24 out at the moment so there is plenty of choice.  I picked mine up for £5 but they are currently doing 40% everything and I think this includes the nail polishes but don't quote me on that LOL!

What do you think of this shade or can you recommend any other Body Shop polishes?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to subscribe, like and follow the sites below, until next time :)

Comments