MAC Holiday Collection 2014 - Keepsakes/Red Lip Bag

I think it's fair to say that MAC never fails to produce brilliant Holiday sets and this year is no better.  Apart from the Heirloom collection, which is their limited edition collection, they've also put together these keepsakes, gorgeous palettes and sets in limited edition packaging that are the perfect gift for any beauty lover.  I still had some birthday money left and so I treated myself to the Red Lip Bag Keepsake which contains a Ruby Woo lipstick, lipglass and lip pencil.  I've always wanted to try Ruby Woo and since this is my first EVER MAC lipstick, I knew it was right to go for an classic.






L-R - MAC Ruby Woo Lip Pencil, Lipstick and Lipglass

As soon as I saw the cameo style packaging, I was a goner!  I'm just so glad that there was a set that suited my style and one I knew I'd get good use out of.  I'm sure you're all familiar with Ruby Woo but here's some swatches for you.  It's a cherry red, blue-toned lip colour.  The lipstick is a Retro Matte formula so it is VERY matte and can feel like it is dragging across your lips but it doesn't budge, this is why I'm glad I got the lip pencil in this set as well because it makes application so much easier.  As you can see, the lipglass has fantastic pigmentation and is the easier route for that perfect red lip look.


Awk sure here's a picture of my big face!  Here you can see the lipstick and pencil in action.  I slightly overdrew my bottom lip just to make the shape wider but I don't think you can tell unless you are looking VERY carefully.  You'll definitely need to put down a lip balm before applying the lipstick because it will highlight every nook and cranny but the colour is gorgeous and suited for many skin tones, especially ghostly pale gals like myself.

This set cost me £32 and it's available on the MAC website and in stores.  Big thanks to the girl who helped me the day I got mine (sorry I didn't catch your name but it was in the Debenhams MAC counter in CastleCourt). 

One thing I'd love to see in a keepsake set is of course nail polish!  There are special sets of pigments and lipglasses and it would have been SO COOL to see one with nail polishes.  I might take another trip to MAC to pick up one or two of the Heirloom nail polishes...let's see anyway, until next time!

Comments