My Autumnal Essentials

So it's September, which means it's officially Autumn (although it's been feeling like Autumn here for the past month but whatevs) which means that I get to work with a whole new range of nail polish colours because the nights are drawing in and it's time to get the darker colours out.  Now, I've not went for some of the more conventional Autumn shades but rather have went for a few that are quite transitional for this time of year, as well as a few classics that you'll not be without this Autumn, so let's get cracking!










Like I said before, my picks are rather transitional so that you don't miss the brightness of summer neons too much.  Shades such as Nails Inc New Compton Street and Maybelline Surreal are light in their shade but have a dusky quality to their tone that means they are wearable in the colder months as well (I think, anyway) and if you're a fan of pastel shades like myself, then these are the perfect transitional shades for you.

Of course, coming closer to December means that holiday parties will soon be popping up and although metallics will be seen all over the show at that time, I couldn't resist adding a metallic shade to my picks.  Buy Me A Cameo by Essie is a fab bronze/copper shade that has the warmth needed for an autumnal shade but with the pizzazz needed for any impromptu parties.

I picked up this L'Oreal shade called Parisian Rooftops in Poundland.  It's a gorgeous heather grey that offers a bridge between the traditional browns. greys and purples of Autumn.

Now, onto my more traditional Autumn shades, Barry M Watermelon, American Apparel Lopez Canyon and O.P.I Skyfall are deep shades that will look great with the darker shades of Autumn fashion.  Watermelon is a dark teal that allows you to wear a dark green shade without looking too festive too early.  Lopez Canyon is a classic russet orange/brown that screams falling leaves and O.P.I Skyfall is one of my favourite shades from O.P.I's autumn/winter collection a few years ago, a classic burgundy that will never go out of style.

So which shade do you like the best from my selection and what would you add in?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to subscribe, like and all that jazz to all of my social media sites.

I'm also shortlisted for the first IMAGE.ie Blog Awards in the Beauty Blog category and I would love it is you could vote for Flails and Nails and thank you if you have done so already, until next time :D

Comments

  1. These nail polishes are gorgeous! I especially love the Barry M and L'Oreal choices... they are definitely my kind of colours!

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love my pastels and brights, I do love a good dark colour during the colder months (which is all the time here LOL) I'm glad you like them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!