Ditsy Floral Nails + Tutorial

It's about time I brought you some floral nail art this spring, eh?  I spotted this ditsy floral print on the back of a cardigan from White Stuff and thought that it would make for some great nail art.  I love the colour scheme of the design but I went for slightly softer tones so it is a bit more spring appropriate.  I've also made my first ever visual tutorial (WHAT) so you can learn how to create this simple look.

 Models Own Edamame, White Light (Hypergel), Cerise Shine (Hypergel) and Flossgloss Faded



Who can resist a good floral design.  I like that this sort of ditsy print is different than the usual roses you see around this time of year (I'm including my own nails in this as well) and it works well on both small and large scale and you can change up the colour scheme to whatever you like, so this look is really versatile.  Here's the original pattern I took inspiration from;


I'd love to try this design out again using the lime green/chartreuse shade in the cardi but I thought Models Own Edamame was the perfect spring green that bridged between pastels and summer brights.  Now, onto the tutorial!



  1. Prepare your nails with base coat (of course) and once dry, apply your base colour.  I've used Models Own Edamame (3 coats) and allow it to dry.
  2. Using a dotter or nail art brush, paint random white circular shapes onto the nail, this can be done on a small or large scale.  I used Models Own White Light thinned out with acetone.
  3. Using a small and thin nail art brush, apply pink dots to the centre of the white shapes.  I used Models Own Cerise Shine thinned out with acetone.
  4. Using the same small and thin nail art brush, apply grey brush strokes to the outside of the white shapes, like petals.  These can be as uniform or random as you like, depending on the look you want to achieve.  I used Flossgloss Faded.
  5. You can stop at this point if you would like just ditsy flowers in the design or you could fill in the gaps on the nail with your pink polish or you could choose a different accent colour if you wish.
  6. Leave to dry then carefully apply top coat.

So there you are!  I hope you all like this design as much as I do.  I think it's perfect for Easter and the spring season but can easily be translated for other seasons by changing out the colours.

Also, I know the colours in the tutorial and other images look quite different but the pictures were taken on two different days and I couldn't edit the colouring in photoshop without it looking too fake (if you know what I mean)

What colours would you do this design in?  Let me know in the comments below and also let me know if you like this sort of tutorial and if you'd like to see one for any of my previous nail art looks :-)  Make sure you follow me by the sites below to be kept up to date, until next time :-)

Comments

  1. This is a super fun design! Also great tutorial - I'm pinning it on my inspiration board! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty, love that green shade. Brilliant tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!