Barry M Silk Effect Polish in Meadow

When I first saw these polishes, I got excited, like really excited.  I love creating chinoiserie style nail art and these pastel, opalescent shades are just perfect for creating the chic and girly background for gold gilding detail.  I immediately gravitated to the mint green shade in the collection, Meadow, since I clearly have an affinity towards mint green (have you SEEN my blog?!) and I'm so glad I've finally had a chance to try it out.


If you're looking for a pastel polish that's perfect for Spring but is just a little bit different then Meadow is definitely up your street.  The pearlescent finish may seem a little dated at first but I really love the look of the polish on my nails and I love how the finish catches the light.  The above swatch is 3 thin coats and a top coat.  The polish is described as having a matte sheen finish but I was too impatient to wait and see this for myself since I painted my nails at night but maybe in the future I'll forego the top coat to see the true finish of the polish.

Meadow is currently available from Barry M, Boots and Superdrug at £3.99 and Boots currently have 3 for 2 on at the moment so you can pick up Meadow and maybe another few silk shades in the same go!

What do you think of Meadow?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to subscribe by the sites below, until next time :-)



Comments

  1. What a gorgeous colour! I wish I could get Barry M more easily here :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of the silk finish but I think it looks awesome with topcoat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!