St. Patrick's Day Nails (Again)

The 17th of March, otherwise known as St. Patrick's Day, is synonymous with everything green, green clothes, green makeup and green beer.  In my previous post, I showed you guys some of my favourite green polishes so if you're stuck for ideas on how to get green into your outfit today, check it out but if you're looking for a more distinctive St. Patrick's Day look, then here's one for you.

 Models Own White Light, 25 Carat Gold, Color Club Wild Cactus, Barry M Mango and Gold Foil
I had a few ideas for what I wanted to do on my nails for St. Paddy's Day but I settled for shamrock tips.  As you can see, I used a white base, then used a striper brush to outline the shamrock and filled it in using the brush and a dotter tool.  Using the same brush, I outlined the shamrock with the orange colour, adding in the vein and light detail.  To fill in the remaining space, I incorporated two different gold polishes to create shadowed sprinkle detailing.  I think the idea is a wee bit different and unusual but still works with the traditional St. Paddy's Day colour palette of green, white, orange and gold.



So what are you guys getting up to this St. Paddy's Day?  Whatever you get up to, enjoy yourself and be careful LOL.  Make sure to follow me on the sites below, until next time :-)

Comments