Lancôme Teint Miracle Foundation and Corrector

I'm sure a lot of you girls will agree with me that trying to find the right foundation for you is one of the biggest chores when shopping for make up.  It's seems with the endless supply of shades available on the high street, one never really suits you but when you do find a shade that fits you to a tee, you want to hold onto it like there's no tomorrow and hope to God it never gets discontinued.

I've used L'Oreal True Match foundation in Rose Ivory for several years but have always been a bit unhappy with the results (a bit too yellow for my skin tone) so I finally thought it was about time to check out some premium foundations for better colour match and finish.  A friend in work recommended Lancôme to me and after some great service from one of the girls at the counter in Boots on Donegal Place in Belfast (Melissa Rae if my receipt is correct!), I bought the new release of Teint Miracle foundation in #007 with the Teint Miracle corrector pen in #01.



Teint Miracle is a light/medium coverage foundation that creates that 'lit from within' look.  It has a dewy finish without it appearing like you've been working out in the gym all day.  It's quite thin so a little goes a long way and it is easily buildable to create a custom finish for you.  Trying the sample of this foundation made me realise that sometimes, you really do need to spend a little more to get exactly what you want.  The £28.50 price point may seem excessive to some but you would easily spend this money on a night out or on a dress but something like this foundation would last a few months, and that is with it being used every day so cost per wear is really quite minimal.


As you can see, the corrector pen is a good few shades darker than the foundation but it blends well under the eye to help hide my horrible dark circles.  I still use my other concealer (Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection) for blemishes and redness but I use both products for under my eyes.  As you can see,  the foundation is a great match for my rosy toned pale skin.  It's a good transitional foundation because you can use very little to have light coverage in the summer or build it up on colder days or when you feel you need more coverage.

When I bought these two together, I also got a gift set of loads of sample and full size products which I'm sure I'll talk about soon enough.  I have to say, the personal service at the Lancôme counter was one of the main reasons why I bought the product.  Not many counters would offer a sample, especially one so generous (I also got a sample for a primer but I'm going to use up the one I have before I buy it) and help you out without feeling like they are pressuring you into buying something there and then so again, thanks to Melissa Rae for all your help.

Teint Miracle foundation is £28.50, the corrector pen is £26.50 and both are available from the Lancôme website, Boots, Debenhams and House of Fraser.

Are you high street or premium when it comes to your foundation?  Do you find it hard to find a good foundation match?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow me by the following sites, until next time :-)

Comments

  1. I like how this foundation looks dewy! I have the Teint Idole Ultra and while I love the medium-full coverage, it can look a little too matte. I agree with you that a little goes a long way with these Lancome foundations. Great review!

    http://beautyplaylist.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!