Turquoise Tartan

Models Own Top Turquoise, Barry M Passion Fruit, Barry M Mango and Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Tartan is one of the major fashion trends of Autumn/Winter 13/14 so I thought it was about time to do some on my nails.  I went for a slightly different colour mix which was partly inspired by a familial tartan (or what the internet told me was a familial tartan LOL) and also this camo kilt from ASOS (which I really want and might purchase with my birthday money)
My base colour is Models Own Top Turquoise, which is a deep turquoise which is great for transitioning from Summer to Autumn, much like Fast Time Teal from Avon.  I used a long striper brush for the detailing.  I have to say, I am a little unsure about these nails.  I kind of wish I hadn't gone in afterwards and tried to replicate the stitching details and note to self, always use reference photos and don't try to make each nail look different, it'll look silly LOL

Have you been wearing much tartan this season and what colours would you do this in?  I might try this again with more gothic colours, I'm already getting excited about this redux!  Let me know what you think in the comments below or by any of the following social media, until next time :-)

Comments