Flossgloss 'Neon Nacho'


Flossgloss Neon Nacho and Inglot 202
So here's my second Flossgloss review and it's for one their original shades, Neon Nacho.  As you can tell from the name of the polish, the colour is supposed to replicate that artificial yellowy orange shade from nacho cheese you find at the cinema or in a can.  I've been eyeing up this colour for a while and to say it's neon is an understatement.  I always paint my nails in the evening so when I was applying this under artificial light, I didn't get the full effect of its luminosity.  I thought it was pretty bright and neon before but when I saw it in natural light the next day, by jingo is it bright!  This shade is definitely not for the faint hearted and even though I usually sport quite out-there designs and bright polish colours but this is by far the most extreme colour I've ever worn.  This polish would be perfect for a night out where UV lights will pick it up.

So let's talk about application.  This is four coats of Neon Nacho with one coat of Inglot 202, a flakie top coat that's quite similar to Essie's Shine of the Times.  I applied the Inglot top coat because even after four coats, this polish's coverage was still a bit streaky.  I would definitely say that you need to use a base coat of white before using this polish.  I didn't even think to do so but before I knew it, I was three coats in and didn't want to start over again.  Keep an eye on my instagram as I might post a pic of it with white underneath.  Neon Nacho also has a slight matte finish so you can either leave it as is or put on a top coat and make it shiny.  I applied Instadry to the finished manicure to seal in my many layers.

We may be well into Autumn in this part of the world so it might be past the time for neons BUT this is a great party polish and will be fab for Halloween, think of the neon pumpkin designs!

Do you think it's too late for neons or do you rock them all year around?  Let me know in the comments below or through any of the following sites.  Make sure to follow me through facebooktumblrinstagram  bloglovin',  twitter, email or even Google Friend Connect (which still seems to work) to keep up-to-date with all the latest from Flails and Nails, until next time :D

Comments