Inspired By...Game of Thrones - House Greyjoy

Inglot 987, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Barry M Gold Foil, Essie Buy Me A Cameo, O.P.I Just Spotted the Lizard and O.P.I Yodel Me On My Cell


So you can probably tell that this is a Greyjoy inspired manicure in the loosest of senses.  In reality, after watching the latest episode, I just wanted to do more Tyrell manicures (with flowers and brocade and blues and prettiness etc...) but I thought I should channel this need for a pretty manicure and try and shape it into another house.

What these nails are supposed to represent is the sea that is so intrinsic to the Greyjoys.  The sea green with the dappled white creates the illusion of sea foam and the burnished bronze tentacles of the Kraken kind of reminds us of their sigil (click on the pics to see them better) and the overall metallic sheen emphasises the Greyjoy's home in the Iron Islands and all that jazz.

Yes well, I hope you like them, be it for their loose relation to Game of Thrones or just for their look alone.  Let me know what you think and let me know of any of your own suggestions, I have a few of my own I want to work through but I'm always open to ideas :-)


Comments