And if you close your eyes


O.P.I Skyfall and Topshop Nail Art Pen in Silver

So a few weeks ago, I went to buy my ticket to go see Bastille but lo and behold, they had just sold out.  I was a bit gutted but I moved on, bought tickets for Azealia Banks (woohoo!) and whatnot.  I got a text from a friend this morning about a spare ticket IT WAS MEANT TO BE!  So of course, some celebratory nails were needed for such an occasion.

The base colour, Skyfall is a nice maroon-red and would need maybe 2-3 coats as on some fingers, it still looked a bit transparent but because I was doing the lettering I didn't think too much of it.  I'm kind of raging I didn't do something like a gradient or tie-dye effect underneath to give the manicure a bit of pizzazzz but it does the job nice and is VERY AWKWARD to photograph together, hence this horrible amalgamation of my flipped over hands.

Hopefully the gig will be really good and you might see some of my snaps in the next blog post, escalater!

Comments

  1. oooh, love the base colour, its gorgeous! id never heard of bastille properly until i heard someone i know sing one of their songs on soundcloud, and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skyfall's a great colour, I got it with two other James Bond OPI colours in TKMaxx (I LOVE TKMaxx for nail polishes).

      I have a few friends who have been into Bastille ever since they started and I finally gave in and gave them a listen before Christmas and it's been love ever since LOL You should check out their mixtapes they released last year. They had to take them down from their websites for legal reasons but they told us last night to go download them from pirate websites if we didn't already have them LOL They're covers and they are amazeballs, like check this one out

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehIfcCAZ40

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!