Sinful Colors Pistache, Revlon Fearless, Essie Size Matters, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and a pen! (click to view larger)
Sunday, 28 April 2013
Saturday, 27 April 2013
O.P.I Casino Royale, Essie Buy My A Cameo, Various Nail Art Pens
You can probably tell by the lack of snazzy picture and watermark that this is just a quick blog post. I did these nails a few nights ago and as you can probably tell, I'm not best pleased with them since I couldn't even be bothered to clean them up properly but I thought I'd post them anyway.
Posts maybe coming a bit infrequently over the next few weeks as I have quite a lot of uni work to do and it's eating up my time. It's Saturday and I haven't even watched this week's Vikings! I'll probably do a redux of these sometime in the future but for now, I might just do some floral stuff and maybe get back to the main Inspired By series but we shall see :-)
Friday, 19 April 2013
Barry M Black, O.P.I Get Your Glamour On, Hi Pumpkin, Greenwich Village, Models Own Nail Art Pen in Blue, Barry M Lilac, Topshop Nail Art Pen in Visionary and Models Own Nail Art Pen in White
Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Sinful Colors Hazard and Essie Buy Me A Cameo
So a few days ago, I thought I would have a go at some water-spotted nails. Even though I'm into nail art, I STILL haven't tried water marbled nails since all of the tutorials and posts I've seen online always say at one point or another that it is really messy. For some reason I thought water spotted nails wouldn't be that bad...I WAS WRONG
Have a dodgy picture from my phone for a closer look!
If anyone doesn't know what waterspotted nails are or how to do them, you basically:
- Paint your nails as normal and seal with a top coat
- Fill a cup or tub with water (I've heard that filtered water is best but I just used tap (maybe this is why I had problems!))
- Drip drops of another colour of nail varnish into the water and let it spread. Drop a few drops so that the layer of varnish is thick enough.
- Secure the layer to the side of the container using a toothpick.
- Use a spray of some sort that contains alcohol (I used an air freshener) and spray once onto the nail polish in the container. Hopefully this will create holes in the layer of varnish.
- Dip your nail into the layer of varnish and remove with a toothpick the excess varnish. If you put vaseline or handcream around your finger before putting it in the water, this will help with the clean up afterwards as the varnish won't stick to an oiled surface.
- Seal with a top coat and finito!
I won't even go into how difficult it was to get ten successful layers of polish but to be honest, I do like the effect, I just won't be doing it again for another while!
Tuesday, 9 April 2013
Inglot 987, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Barry M Gold Foil, Essie Buy Me A Cameo, O.P.I Just Spotted the Lizard and O.P.I Yodel Me On My Cell
Saturday, 6 April 2013
So a few weeks ago, I went to buy my ticket to go see Bastille but lo and behold, they had just sold out. I was a bit gutted but I moved on, bought tickets for Azealia Banks (woohoo!) and whatnot. I got a text from a friend this morning about a spare ticket IT WAS MEANT TO BE! So of course, some celebratory nails were needed for such an occasion.
The base colour, Skyfall is a nice maroon-red and would need maybe 2-3 coats as on some fingers, it still looked a bit transparent but because I was doing the lettering I didn't think too much of it. I'm kind of raging I didn't do something like a gradient or tie-dye effect underneath to give the manicure a bit of pizzazzz but it does the job nice and is VERY AWKWARD to photograph together, hence this horrible amalgamation of my flipped over hands.
Hopefully the gig will be really good and you might see some of my snaps in the next blog post, escalater!
Thursday, 4 April 2013
Tuesday, 2 April 2013
Nina Pro Emerald City, Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Revlon Embody, Barry M Gold Foil, O.P.I Greenwich Village and Barry M Blue Moon
© Flails and Nails. All rights reserved.